Here at Sampson Insurance Agency, we know a stuffing box from a stanchion, a bow thruster from a bell buoy. We’re marine specialists. All of our marine agents are lifelong boat owners, including our Marine Director, Warren Hayes, who served as a Commander in the United States Coast Guard. That’s the kind of knowledge we bring aboard when helping you select the proper coverage from the best carriers in the business at the proper price.
Top Four Reasons to Sail with Sampson:
You’re covered – from the largest Grand Banks or Hinckley, to the smallest Boston Whaler.
You’re covered along every nautical mile – from Newfoundland to Nassau; Barrow, Alaska to Baja, California; or the inland lakes and rivers in between.
You expect great service – from maximizing every credit opportunity for navigational territory or lay-up period, to having the best adjuster sent to the scene of a lightning strike on the same day.
Your time is valuable; you don’t call the dreaded “800” number and wait when you need help after a hurricane, or even to change your address. You call us instead…or send a quick email if you’d prefer…
Ahoy! Watch our Marine Director Warren Hayes, former Coast Guard Commander, explain some of the benefits of choosing Sampson for Marine or Boat insurance here in Massachusetts or anywhere else in the United States:
Whether your boat is for racing, cruising, or fishing, we know how much it means to you. At Sampson Insurance, we make sure that you get to spend your time on the water doing what you want to do without fretting about what could go wrong with your boat. Our professionals specialize in crafting coverage for boat owners like you, so you can rest assured that we will give you the specific coverage that is the best for you and your boat. We recognize that power boaters, sailors, and commercial fishermen are very different kinds of boaters, and we can fine tune an insurance policy to match your unique needs.
A Brief Summary of Our Insurance Packages for Massachusetts and Ports Beyond:
- Includes physical damage coverage for the boat, and also provides coverage for any equipment, like electronics and the inboard engine, that is permanently attached. Small boats usually require coverage for trailers and separate outboard motors, if applicable. Coverage can also be provided for dinghies as well as other vessels used in conjunction with the main yacht. Typically a separate limit and deductible will apply.
- Towing and Haulout Benefits
- Payments for emergency towing, moving or hauling your boat when storm warnings are posted.
- Personal Effects
- Personal Property owned by you or others. Higher limits are available at an additional premium. Note: There is usually coverage for personal effects on your homeowners insurance policy but it may not cover water damage or flood.
- Crew Coverage
- Liability and Medical for paid crew similar to Workers’ Compensation coverage.
- Medical Payments
- Provides payment for necessary medical costs for covered individuals within one to three years from the date of a boat accident. Covered persons includes the insured, family members of the insured, or any person occupying the boat during the accident. Payment could be made for expenses such as medical and dental, x-rays and services, nursing fees, ambulance charges, and even funeral expenses.
- Note: Please refer to the actual policy contract and endorsements for coverage, terms and conditions.
- Liability Coverage (Protection and Indemnity)
- Liability insurance for the insured or any other person who uses the boat with the permission of the insured. Bodily injury and property damage resulting from the ownership and use of the boat are covered under this package, and this now includes pollution coverage.
Whether you’re a lifelong boater or just getting started in New England or farther along down the Eastern Seaboard, there is never a bad time to take a close look at your existing marine policy or look into finding a new one. We are happy to assist you in this process. Just fill out our short and convenient online form to learn how Sampson Insurance can keep you and your boat in top shape and worry free with the right marine insurance policy. Massachusetts has put out an official guide which provides some additional information for folks who live in Mass. There is also a lot of helpful information on the U.S. Coast Guard Boating Safety Site.
Watch Michael Myers, Owner of Boston Yacht Sales, one of the largest boat dealers in New England, tell of his relationship with Sampson and why he continues to use and recommend Sampson after all these years:
You’ve put in a lot of time and effort to be where you are today, and you have a lot to protect yourself from. You owe it to yourself to find the right coverage at an appropriate cost. Let’s get things rolling here today with a free quote! It’s easy with Sampson Insurance. Happy boating!
Here are some blog posts that may interest you as well:
- 10 Tips For Staying Safe This Halloween
- Satisfying Your Sweet Tooth on the South Shore
- South Shore Apple Picking: 6 Places To Choose From
- The 10 Highest Rated Nursing Homes In The South Shore
- Save 5% On Your Auto Insurance…And Fight Cancer
- Data Breaches: The $36,000 Threat Facing Your Small Business
- Avoid Nonrenewal: 7 Tips For Filing Homeowners Claims
- South Shore MA Property Crime: How Safe Are Our Homes?
- 32,791 Reasons to Maintain Your Roof This Winter
- The 10 Most Common (and Most Expensive) Small Business Claims